This book provides comprehensive coverage of the basic theoretical work required by marine
engineering officers and electrotechnical officers (ETOs), putting into place key fundamental building blocks and topics in electrotechnology before progressing to more complex topics and electromagnetic systems.
Revisions will include important new material on emergent technology such as image intensifiers, the increased maritime use of LEDs, examples of ship systems including power distribution systems, and references to modern ship systems, eg. GPS, ECDIS, Radar, AIS, Comms outfits, etc.
This essential text offers a truly rigorous approach to the key topic of electrotechnology.
1. Fundamental Electrical Theory Terms and Laws
2. The Electric Circuit: Units
3. Conductors, Insulators and semi-Conductors
6. Electromagnetic Circuits
7. Electromagnetic Induction
8. Electrostatics and Capacitance
9. Basic Alternating Currency Theory
10. The series AC Circuit
11. AC Parallel Circuits and Systems
12. The DC Generator
13. The DC Motor
Solutions to Practice Examples
Specimen Examination Questions and Answers