This book is a part of the courseware for the Diploma in International Banking and Finance offered by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance. Liberalisation of overseas investment norms for Indian corporates has brought with it business opportunities for Indian Banks. But this has also brought with itself the need for banks to comply with international laws and regulations. This book gives an overview of various regulations existing in international banking. In addition, the book also provides information about the various Indian laws that need to be followed by banks engaging in international banking transactions.
Among other topics, the book covers the following:
• Regulation of International Banking
• Regulation and the Process of Deregulation
• Regulatory Framework, Basel II and Basel III
• Capital Adequacy Norms and Ratios
• Country Risk
• International Competitiveness
• International Accounting Standards
This book will be useful to all readers interested in the legal and regulatory aspects of international banking.